I finished Catching Fire, and I think, like many people who find themselves reading this highly addicting series, it was late, late at night. 2:24 am to be exact.
There's less than one week to go until Mockingjay is on sale on Tuesday, August 24th and I've already preordered my copy from my local indie, Words of Maplewood. I'll be picking it up as soon as I get off the train that night. Or, maybe I'll dash in to the store that am before I get on the train, depending on when they open.
Here are my questions for those reading along with me. Looking forward to your answers and observations.
1) How did you feel about the span of time that had elapsed between the end of Hunger Games and the beginning of Catching Fire? Were you surprised at how much had changed, and how much hadn't changed, for Katniss and Peeta and the people in District 12?
2) What did you think of the plot twist of sending past victors back into the Hunger Games?
3) I found myself, once again, slightly frustrated with Katniss' naivete - this time when it came to not understanding how her actions in the arena the first time had inspired people to rise up. She seemed to understand it when it was explained to her by President Snow, but was completely surprised when the other victors alluded to it.
4) What did you think of Cinna's actions? Do you think we'll see him again?
5) What did you think of the ending?
Keep up with all the Mockingjay pre-release frenzy on the official Hunger Games Facebook page, read Suzanne Collins' answers to your burning questions and look for an event with Suzanne Collins near you. I got an alert this am from Borders in Columbus Circle that she'll be there at lunchtime (1pm) on the 24th so I might have to plan an extra-long lunch that day. I'll leave you with the Mockingjay trailer. We're almost there!