I can’t believe we’ve come to the end of our Meg Cabot Read-Along! Today we’re discussing Size 12 and Ready to Rock, the latest book in the Heather Wells series, and tonight we’re talking about the book with Meg Cabot live on Book Club Girl on Air at 7pm ET!
It’s been so much fun discussing some of Meg Cabot’s most beloved books this summer, and the Heather Wells books have definitely been some of my favorites. If you haven’t read the entire Heather Wells series yet, right now you can download the first 3 books for just $4.99 as e-books and Size 12 and Ready to Rock for just $7.99 as an e-book. Click here to start downloading for your e-reader.
Size 12 and Ready to Rock
Summer break . . . and the livin' ain't easy!
Just because the students at New York College have flown the coop doesn't mean assistant residence hall director Heather Wells can relax. Fischer Hall is busier than ever, filled with squealing thirteen- and fourteen-year-old girls attending the first ever Tania Trace Teen Rock Camp, hosted by pop sensation Tania Trace herself—who just happens to be newly married to Heather's ex-boyfriend, heartthrob Jordan Cartwright. But the real headache begins when the producer of a reality TV show starring Tania winds up dead . . . and it's clear that the star was the intended victim.
Grant Cartwright, head of Cartwright Records, wants to keep his daughter-in-law (and his highest-earning performer) alive. So he hires his oldest son, black sheep of the family and private investigator Cooper Cartwright—who just happens to be Heather's new fiancé. Heather should leave the detecting to Cooper. But with a dorm full of hysterical mini-divas-in-training, she can't help but get involved. And after Tania shares a really shocking secret with her, this reality suddenly becomes more dangerously real than anyone ever anticipated.
Questions for Discussion
1. I was thrilled to see that Cooper and Heather have finally gotten together! I'm happy to see that their relationship is going strong, but it surprised me to see how much you can say the same of Jordan and Tania's marriage. Were you surprised too? What do you think they see in each other?
2. One of my favorite parts of the book was getting a closer glimpse into the life of Tania Trace, and the budding friendship between her and Heather. Was she different from what you imagined? Do you think she and Heather will remain friends?
3. What did you think of the Cartwright family? I loved seeing the famous Grant Cartwright in action, and the scenes with Jordan and Cooper's younger twin sisters were laugh-out-loud funny.
4. Even though this book is a mystery like the other Heather Wells books, Size 12 and Ready to Rock felt much darker in tone to me, given that it touches on the issue of domestic violence. Did it feel darker to you too?
5. Some of my favorite characters in these books are the supporting ones—like Magda, Sarah, and Detective Canavan. Do you have a favorite supporting character?
6. If the Heather Wells books were being made into movies, who would you cast as Heather, Cooper, Jordan, and Tania?
7. What's your favorite Meg Cabot book that we've read this summer?
Don’t forget to tune in tonight, Tuesday July 31st at 7pm ET, when we’ll be chatting with Meg Cabot on Book Club Girl on Air about Size 12 and Ready to Rock! Set your reminder for the show here and return to that same link live tonight to listen. Before the show, check out some of the other posts from our read-along. During the live show you can send in questions via the chat function (be sure to register on the site beforehand – choose the free option) or you can call in and ask Meg a question directly by dialing 347-945-6149.
If you have a question for Meg, but can’t make tonight’s live show, feel free to leave it in the comments section and I will ask her. Looking forward to talking to you all tonight!