I've been sitting here thinking about New Year's Resolutions. Along with losing the baby weight (ugh), I thought I'd turn my attention to my reading habits, and to book club. So here they are, my reading resolutions for the New Year.
1. When voting on our book club book, I will vote (at least once) for a book from which I think I might learn something, even if it's not the book I most want to read.
2. I will strive to finish every book club book this year -- I confess that I don't always finish and I'm always sorry when I can't completely join the conversation.
3. I will read a classic book that I've never read (rather than re-reading Jane Austen over and over again).
4. I will read a biography of a major historical figure.
5. Last but not least, I will buy books. Not that I won't ever go to the library or borrow from friends, but this year especially, the written word that we love is even more dependent on all of us spending money in bookstores, on new books.
I'd love to hear your reading resolutions as well! Happy New Year Everyone!